With Hillary Clinton’s upcoming campaign “launch” this weekend really more of a “reset” (and we know how well resets have gone for her in the past), now is a good opportunity to assess how things have gone so far since her actual campaign launch back in April.
WASHINGTON – Today American Crossroads released a new polling memorandum from Public Opinion Strategies and Axis Research showing that, in the twelve battleground states that will decide the 2016 presidential election, Hillary Clinton has weak ballot support, is viewed negatively by close to half of all respondents, and faces a severe trust deficit with voters.
The polling memo can be viewed here.
“Hillary Clinton’s biggest problems are character-based – people don’t trust her and they see her as out of touch,” said Steven Law, president and chief executive officer of American Crossroads. “Unlike Barack Obama in 2008, Hillary Clinton is viewed as anything but a fresh face, but instead a self-serving politician who needs to go on ‘listening tours’ to figure out what’s going on with ‘everyday’ Americans.”
WASHINGTON – A lot of Arizonans still don’t know much about Ann Kirkpatrick, but they are about to find out she is an extreme liberal more interested in catering to left-wing special interests than serving Arizona.
Just for starters, here are a few important facts about Kirkpatrick:
- She votes with Nancy Pelosi 90% of the time (Congressional Quarterly, accessed 5/26/2015);
- She voted to allow the transfer of GITMO detainees to the U.S.;
- She ignored warnings about patients dying at the VA;
- She opposed the use of the National Guard to help secure the border;
- In her last two days in office after losing reelection in 2010, she dished out over $100,000 in taxpayer funds to her staff on her way out the door; and
- She has repeatedly voted against commonsense, bipartisan fixes to the law, including the Keep Your Health Plan Act.